Friday, March 13, 2009

A beginning to an End

Since I am embarking on a new chapter in life, I thought I might have many stories, incidents, and ramblings to share with whoever wishes to hear them. This is my attempt at keeping everyone in the loop.... I hope you enjoy! Below is something I wrote after spending an evening with some ladies from First Baptist Columbus, it sums up all that is good about a small town.

March 7, 2009
Tonight I witnessed the body of Christ at its core. 15 women of all ages, stages and walks of life gathered together to fellowship, eat and just have a little girl time. As I was sitting there next to a 70 year old woman talking about sewing, the clothes closet and weight watchers, I couldn’t help but think how wonderful it is to know women who have been there and done that. The theme of the evening was “Spring Cleaning” so we all went around and shared our best “cleaning tip” and also how we keep our relationship with Christ fresh and growing. I learned a lot, including the different uses for vinegar, and God convicted me of the importance of mentoring. In Columbus it was easy to find women who I would consider mentors, but in Houston I don’t think that will be the case. I will need to make more of an effort to find someone who I can intentionally meet with in order to fulfill the Lords command in Titus 2. As the evening concluded, I heard one older woman say to her friend, "I just love hanging out with those young girls." I wonder if I will still be among the young ones when I get to Houston. I have no idea what life will be like there, but I will sure miss simple times like this where God is so evident and the biggest concern is chocolate cake or cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment