So I'm not as good as I thought I would be at updating this. The past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind plus we just now got Internet at the house so I guess I have an excuse. Moving was a lot harder than I thought it would be. My parents were so awesome and packed up all my stuff from Columbus by themselves, with a little help from Reed and Julie. Amazingly, I filled a giant u-haul truck, my Dad's truck and still had to leave some things behind. Why I have that much stuff I have no idea. At 8am the next day they showed up at the new house and the party began. Unloading was actually not too bad, Jalen had a few friends that were here to help. It really wasn't until my parents left that Sunday that I realized that all weekend I had had this ache in my heart. I wasn't sure if I was just nervous, anxious or what- then it hit me. I was sad. I think I finally came to the realization that I was never going back to Columbus or Pine Cove for that matter. WOW- a huge chapter, over. So I shed a few tears (more than a few actually), spent some time in the Word and then took Lola on a long walk. Its amazing how therapeutic those things can be! I guess I just needed to mourn a bit and now I can move on.
I promise to post some pictures of the house soon! It is coming together nicely and Houston is definitely feeling more like home. I even found a dog park right down the street where Lola can make friends as well- that is when she is not running down 610- but that's another post!
How to get out of a spiritual desert
2 weeks ago
it hard to leave something we loved so much. but such begins the next chapter of life...
ReplyDelete