I made the decision to leave Pine Cove somewhere around mid December. From that day, my prayer was that by a certain date, I would have a new job, a place to call home and generally feel settled somewhere. At the time, that seemed impossible and at times I doubted that the Lord would answer.
That date was April 30th
Yesterday I was able to maneuver around Houston highways, go to work at a job that I am enjoying more and more, come home to a house that actually feels like home, go to dinner with my mom who came to visit and take my dog to the park. In all, I would say that the Lord has answered my prayers.
Looking back over the past 4 months I can clearly see God’s hand at work. He has been so gracious and faithful to me. Even in those times of doubt, I felt a sense of peace and assurance that He was there and was doing something big.
On another note- I am going on a retreat this weekend with a Sunday School class I have been attending. You would think I would be a pro at retreats, having worked them for the past 6 years, but I’m a little nervous. If you think about it, pray for me. Spending the weekend with 40 people I really don’t know is a little out of my comfort zone. Pray that I will make fast connections and have meaningful conversations with people. I will keep you posted on how it goes!
How to get out of a spiritual desert
2 weeks ago
can't wait to hear how it goes! love you, friend.
ReplyDelete