I have really enjoyed the past few months at the Forge. Serving as the Volunteer Coordinator has allowed me to really get to know the many facets of this ministry and I feel like I have been able to support each of them in different ways. Recently though, I have been feeling like I have been missing something. There are parts of my personality and giftings that have not been fulfilled through this position. I miss being around kids, I miss being on the front lines of ministry and building strong relationships with those we serve. After a couple of weeks of praying through what this means (should I look for another job or just deal with it?) the Lord made it clear.
Through some staff changes, I am now going to be the After-School Educational Director for the Forge. I am so excited to use my passion for children, my education degree and even be challenged in the area of staff management. My basic responsibilities will be to oversee the day to day functioning and overall vision of our after-school program. We have about 40 kids enrolled in this program and about 8 part-time staff that help out. I am so excited to build relationships with these kids, their families and the staff (most of whom are college students).
When looking at it, I feel nervous, excited and a little overwhelmed all at the same time, but I am confident the Lord has me here for a purpose and He will equip and lead me.
I guess that's all for now. Prayers are appreciated... school starts next week so I better get busy!!
How to get out of a spiritual desert
2 weeks ago
yea! so fun!! i'm excited for you!
ReplyDelete