Monday, July 20, 2009

Houston Project

This past week over 1,000 people from my church came together for something called the Houston Project. Basically, the idea is a mission trip to your city. We went out to 10 different sites in the city and held Vacation Bible schools, had door to door evengelism teams and even had adult programs. We were paired up by Sunday School classes so each site had singles, adults, seniors and youth.


The site I was at was a predominately Spanish speaking community. We partnered with a local church and the hope is that those people we reached will now become a part of that fellowship. I served in a 4th grade class of about 18 kids. I really enjoyed the chance to jump up and down, teach some kids about Jesus and do some arts and crafts. The main thing I took away from the week was simply the chance to be a part of a living, thriving body of believers all working toward the same goal. It has been a long time since I have felt like a part of a church, and I am really thankful for where the Lord has placed me.












No comments:

Post a Comment