Monday, December 21, 2009

Blogs...

This will serve as a recap of the last few months of life. What can I say? I'm not a committed blogger...

Speaking of Blogs...

Lately, I have been reading a lot of fun blogs...

Laura tipped me off to this site: http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/.
I made this project for Halloween

Speaking of Halloween...

We hosted a party for our Sunday School class at our house. We carved pumpkins, watched Beetlejuice and roasted pumpkin seeds. Also that night, our friend Shawnaka mentioned she was looking for a place to stay for a few months. She moved in a few weeks later! I am enjoying having another person to split the bills with and she is nice enough to take Lola for a run every now and then!


Speaking of new friends...

I also really like this site: http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/
I made this for my neighbor who just had a baby!





They have a dog named Wallace and I actually met them at a dog park before they moved in next door. Crazy how a huge town like Houston can actually feel small sometimes.



Speaking of big cities....


Jalen and I took a trip to New York before Thanksgiving. That city makes Houston feel like Azle!!
We had so much fun exploring (aka, getting lost) around the city, eating at fun restaurants and seeing all the amazing sites! I could post a ton about that, but the highlights were definitely the Rockettes, Central Park and Wicked! Here are a couple of my favorite pics from the trip!






Back to the blogs...

This has to be my favorite: http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/.

She is awesome and after spending a whole afternoon reading just about everything on her site, I feel like we are old friends. She gives away awesome prizes and has amazing recipes which is where these came from..


That's right- I made cinnamon rolls from scratch!! Never thought that would happen, but it was really easy and a lot of fun. It made about 50 rolls so I was able to pass them along to friends and co-workers!
Speaking of work...

I am loving the after-school program. The kids definitely keep me on my toes and I am still figuring out how to manage my staff , but in all I would say its going well. We even passed our first surprise inspection with flying colors- thank the Lord!

We had a Christmas Program for the kids and parents of my program. I was pretty nervous that no one would show, but I had about 20 kids and their families come! The kids sang and recited a short narrative and then each family went home with a hand full of gifts donated by a local church. It was so much fun! One afternoon prior to the event, we were practicing "Joy to the World" - without any prompt from me, this is what happened when the music came on... please excuse the singing on my part.. in fact, turn the volume down now... don't say I didn't warn you!






I have some interesting stories about this kid, but they're better told in person!

Speaking of Christmas...


I saw this project and loved it.

I didn't have any specific reason for making it, other than its cute, but now that its finished, I think it will be my Mom's Christmas gift- don't tell her!

Speaking of family...

I can't wait to go home. Normally at Pine Cove I had so much comp time built up that I was basically off for the month of December. But this year, I will only be home for about 4 days. Honestly, its probably enough time, but for some reason it doesn't really feel like Christmas until I go home, see the familiar decorations, sleep in my comfy bed and go Christmas Eve shopping with Dad!


Well, that about does it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I would make a resolution to keep up with this blog more, but why make a resolution you know you won't keep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment