Almost immediately after beginning work at the Forge, I knew I wanted to somehow get them involved with Pine Cove. Well, this week it happened! I had the opportunity to take 20 of our kids to the Outback for a few days of day camp. We weren't able to stay overnight at the camp because they were already full, but PC was awesome enough to open up day camp for us and we stayed at another local camp in the Columbus area in the evenings. It was awesome!
It was really cool to see these kids get off the bus a little wide eyed. Some of them asked if we were still in Texas, and another wondered if we were in Mexico (keep in mind it was only an hour and a half drive). Its crazy to think that many of them had never been outside the Houston city limits. They were cracking up at the counselors jumping up and down for them every morning and we even managed to get them all on horses and in the lake! They had a great time and I really enjoyed spending time with them, as well as seeing some old friends in Columbus.
I am so thankful that Pine Cove gave us the opportunity to go. It is good for the soul to see wide open spaces and stars! I thank the Lord for the chance to visit camp, I was missing it a lot and this was a great taste! I hope there will be many more opportunities for something like this. It was fun getting to combine my new and former worlds!
Here are a few pictures of the kids!





we loved having you too!!!
ReplyDelete