Monday, July 6, 2009

Up in the Mountains...






They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but what happens when a picture doesn't even do justice to what you want to describe?!

Honestly, I am not sure how any one can deny the existence of a Creator when faced with such beauty. This past week, I was in Aspen, CO. One of my favorite places ever. It had been 8 years since my last family vacation. It was way overdue! Plus, I got to take a friend!

I had a great time just gazing at the mountains, enjoying the 70 degree weather (a nice change from the 100 degree weather we have been having in Houston) not to mention some relief from the humidity. We went on picnics, attempted a bike ride (the altitude got the best of us), went white water rafting, watched the fireworks, and just relaxed. Oh, did I mention, we had some amazing meals in the process!


As I was driving up to Dallas to catch my flight, I was listening to a Podcast from Matt Chandler (yea, I'm on the bandwagon). He spent some time explaining that we live in a broken world. That brokenness not only extends to mankind, but also creation. Basically, his point was that even the things we consider beautiful, breathtaking and awesome are not what God had in mind. I thought about this over the last few days in Colorado. I can't imagine anything more beautiful than the mountains, but really they are only a fraction of what the Lord has in store for us. I am thankful for the opportunity to witness such amazing sights while I'm here, and excited to one day see creation in its fullness!

Here are a few other pics from the trip... enjoy!



1 comment: